Monday

Incredible Woman

http://marjabergen.blogspot.com

Well, after some time of considering it, my son Cornelius has persuaded me to start my own blog. A year ago I hadn't even heard of blogs or blogging. I considered it something very mysterious. But I love to talk. I love to express my views. I have a lot I want to say. That's what happens as a person ages. And I've recently reached the age of 60, something I'm actually quite proud of and not ashamed to let everyone know.

As my profile shows, I have bipolar disorder - have had since I was 19 years old. Life has been difficult, as it is for anyone with such a disease. But all in all I consider myself fortunate. God has been good to me. My life is full and, except for times when my medications need adjusting, I'm happy. I have a husband who loves me, a 33-year-old son and daughter-in-law. I also have many friends. My church is very supportive of me and has encouraged me in my desire to start a faith-based support group for individuals with mood disorders. We're starting this in September and I'm very excited about this.

The above post is from our blogger and I sit here shaking my head! What a terrific thing it is for someone in her mature years hopping into the blogosphere full force! What a great look into bipolar disorders and into the life of this fascinating lady. Did I mention she is a great photographer? You know I love photography! Well done and my hat's off to yah!

No comments: