Sunday

LaScala's

Let me start out by saying this is not a pay per post. It's a honest to goodness rave review about a restaurant my wife and I ate at last night for our anniversary dinner. It's called LaScala's and the food was out of this world. Fresh homemade Italian cuisine with service that is impeccable. One important thing to mention here also is the free parking right above the restaurant, which in down town Philadelphia is pure gold. Now for the food. When I say mouth watering it is no exaggeration. From the Appetisers to the salads to the main course and desert, it was all fantastic! I am a critical person to begin with and have eaten at some of the most expensive restaurants in Philadelphia and have walked out not happy and complaining. All I have for LaSala's is praise. Our server Jes was fantastic and accommodating and made us feel very welcome. The food came out quickly and hot, which surprised me because the place was busy. The food was fresh and cooked perfectly with just enough portion size. It was not too little and not too overbearing like some Italian restaurants offer. It was just perfect. The atmosphere is rustic Italian with a modern feel. We sat by the large windows that overlook the outside where you could see all the people waking by and the hustle and bustle of Old City Philadelphia. When we got there we noticed an area where families were eating with children and we sat on the other side that appeared to be set up for couples or parties with out children. I don't know if it was a coincidence or if it was set up that way, but it was a nice to know if I wanted to go back with my boys one night I could. The dress was casual and the staff made you feel very welcome. The floor manager came by to see how our meal was which was nice. For me to walk out of a restaurant with no complaints is enough to rate it in the 4 star status. I highly recommend a visit and I thank the folks at LAScala's for a wonderful evening.

No comments: